Revision as of 10:23, 10 March 2006 by Plazonic
This webpage contains news about computing changes at Fine Hall. In particular you will find news about significant software and server updates, outages and other relevant news organized by month and year.
March 10, 2006
- Kernel upgrade on all workstation going in the background (workstations rebooting during idle times), part of the PU_IAS 2/2WS U3 upgrade where more than 100 rpms are being upgraded.
- Login server pacm.princeton.edu and xdm server xdm.princeton.edu rebooted today for kernel upgrade.
- Maintenance reboot for the login server math.princeton.edu scheduled for 4:45pm for the kernel upgrade. Short outage during which pacm.princeton.edu will continue to be available.
- Various services and servers will be rebooted during next few days in order to perform various upgrades, including kernel upgrade. These will mostly be transparent to end users or else cause very short outages.
November 30, 2005
- PACM public printer located in room 205 (inventively called "205") replaced with a new HP LaserJet 4250DTN. All printer names and aliases remain the same. The old 205 printer (HP LaserJet 4050DN) moved to Fine Hall 221 (name "221"). (Plazonic 16:43, 30 November 2005 (EST))
November 21, 2005
- mpich-p4 compiled with gcc, intel compiler version 8.1 and intel compiler version 9.1 pushed for installation on all Linux desktops/workstations/login servers and the old AMD computational cluster. Command line tool to use to choose the version of mpich is mpichset (Plazonic 16:51, 21 November 2005 (EST))
November 18, 2005
- Intel compiler version 8.1 upgraded to a newer revision and also added version 9.0 on all Linux desktops/workstations/login servers and the old AMD computational cluster. Also added a new command line tool to set the version of compiler you want to use - intelcompilerset. (Plazonic 16:30, 18 November 2005 (EST))